Long-lasting teeth whitening results will always take time – usually several weeks. Rembrandt Whitestrips are unique because they allow for two whitening sessions per day, enabling you to get results in half the time (view on Amazon).
Motivations for whiter teeth vary from person to person, but one thing is clear: people want a whiter smile more than ever. In fact, the ADA reported exponential growth in the teeth whitening industry and this shows no signs of slowing any time soon.
Supermarket shelves have been lined with at-home whitening products for almost 20 years, but getting a great result isn’t as simple as it might seem.
More and more products are ineffective and, in the worst cases, can cause irreversible damage to your teeth. Careful research and consideration are vital to choosing a product that is both safe and effective.
Here is what you need to know about Rembrandt Whitestrips.
Rembrandt Whitestrips Pros and Cons
While Rembrandt have a few different whitening strips on the market, their most popular treatment is the 1 Week Whitening Kit which we will focus on.
- Fast results in just 7 days
- Maximum coverage whitens both front and back of teeth
- Enamel-safe technology
- Low cost
- Rembrandt is an American company that focuses solely on teeth whitening
- Requires use twice daily
- Not good for sensitive teeth
- Larger strips make proper application and coverage difficult
Rembrandt has been a well-known name in teeth whitening since 1989. In fact, they released the first ever whitening toothpaste and have been a pioneer in whitening technology ever since.
These whitestrips can cost almost half as much as many other at-home whitening options. They are perfect for anyone who wants to achieve full results in a just a week, but can afford to spend the time to do twice daily treatments.
5 Things You Need To Know About Rembrandt Whitestrips
1. Do Rembrandt Whitestrips Work?
To understand if a whitening strip works, it is important to understand how and why they work.
Teeth stain in two ways:
- Extrinsically (on the surface) by coming into contact with staining substances like tea, coffee and nicotine
- Intrinsically (inside) through the natural aging process and other factors like trauma to the tooth or fillings.
Whitening toothpastes address only the external staining while, in theory, a good whitening strip should be able to whiten right to the core of the tooth.
This is because whitening strips utilize a bleach called hydrogen peroxide. The peroxide is in-gel form and is applied to the teeth for a length of time, typically around 30-60 minutes over a course of several weeks.
While nearly all whitening strips use this principal, some can work better than others due to factors such as peroxide content, ease of application and adhesiveness to the tooth surface. Rembrandt have developed StayPut technology which allows a custom-fit for each unique smile and helps to achieve great results (see details).
2. Is it safe to use Rembrandt Whitestrips?
The big concern regarding the safety of whitestrips is that some bleaching products can cause irreversible damage to the tooth’s enamel. Rembrandt Whitestrips utilise the same enamel-safe whitening agent that is used by dentists across the globe. This whitening agent is hydrogen peroxide, which has been proven to be safe for the tooth’s enamel when used as directed.
However, Rembrandt achieve their faster-than-average results by reducing the time between treatments. While not dangerous, the intensive treatment period may not be suited to those prone to tooth sensitivity and gum irritation as it doesn’t allow much recovery time.
Additionally, dentists typically recommend that those with sensitive teeth use whitening strips before bedtime to avoid foods and drinks coming in contact with the teeth. This is not possible with the Rembrandt 1 Week Whitening Kit because strips should be used morning and night.
3. How soon can you expect results?
The biggest attraction of the Rembrandt Whitestrips is that results can be achieved in just one week. This is significantly shorter than most other treatment plans which can last up to several weeks. Some users have even found that results are visible after as little as 3 days of use.
However, there are some important factors to consider:
The tooth enamel is often more susceptible to staining during the treatment period so for the fastest results, try to refrain from consuming staining products like coffee and red wine.
Additionally, some teeth respond to bleaching better than others. Yellow and brown teeth typically respond well to whitestrips but gray teeth are more difficult to get great results with. Also, the original color of dental work will not be affected so could result in a color mismatch. If you have gray teeth or significant dental work, consult your dentist who can help you to achieve the best results possible.
Ultimately, the best way to achieve great results is to use the product correctly, as directed by the manufacturer.
How to use Rembrandt Whitestrips
- Peel the whitestrip away from its protective liner
- Position it over teeth, pressing into the gaps between teeth, and fold the excess around the back of the teeth.
- Wait for 30 minutes
- Reveal your whiter smile by peeling the whitestrip away.
These whitening strips should be used for 30 minutes twice a day. Repeat this for 7 days to achieve maximum and lasting results.
4. How long will results last?
Unlike a lot of teeth whitening companies, Rembrandt never guarantee how long your results will last. With most whitening strips, results will last a few months. However, results depend on each person; their age, diet, and habits like smoking.
Rembrandt also offer a 3 day booster back to help maintain your whiter smile without having to complete the whole process again. Even the treatment does need to be repeated, the minimal price means that it is still cost effective.
There are some great tips that you can follow to ensure that you get the best results possible:
- Use a whitening toothpaste: Rembrandt started out with whitening toothpaste in 1989 and whitening toothpastes are still their most recognized products. Opting to use a whitening toothpaste alongside your whitening strips helps to maximize and maintain results
- Refrain from staining products: Most staining occurs when we consume staining products like tea, coffee, wine, and cigarettes. Ultimately, the best way to keep your teeth white is to refrain from consuming them.
- Rinse your mouth out with water: If the idea of refraining from coffee isn’t for you, simply rinse your mouth out with water after drinking it. This helps to prevent stains from setting in.
- Brush and floss: Maintaining a great oral hygiene routing is paramount to having a white smile. Remember to brush and floss twice daily. You could even invest in a whitening water flosser, which is both effective and fun!
- Visit your dentist: Good looking teeth are healthy teeth so don’t downplay the importance of visiting your dentist. They are best qualified to help guide you to achieve a winning smile.
5. Is there something better?
While Rembrandt Whitestrips are a good choice for many, not every whitening solution is appropriate for everyone.
For long-lasting results, opt for Crest 3D White Whitestrips with light.
- Crest’s best and fastest whitening technology at home
- A lightweight, disposable, water resistant, handheld device that weakens stains
- When used as directed, Crest Whitestrips with Light whiten dramatically better than strips alone
If you have particularly crooked teeth or deep staining between teeth, opt for a three dimensional product like Opalescence Go whitening trays.
- New Ultrafit tray Material which adapts to your teeth better than Treswhite Supreme = WHITER TEETH
- UltraFit tray's superior adaptation ensures the maximum amount of gel stays in contact with the teeth during...
- Kit includes 10 upper & 10 lower trays
Got sensitive teeth? Opt for Crest 3D White Gentle Routine Whitestrips.
- Gently removes years of stains for a whiter smile
- Specially formulated for teeth sensitive to tooth whitening
- Advanced Seal Technology’s no slip grip stays put so you can talk and drink water while whitening teeth
What’s in the box?
A standard Rembrandt 1 Week Whitening Kit includes:
- 14 whitestrips for the upper teeth
- 14 whitestrips for the lower teeth
Rembrandt Whitestrips Ingredients
The active ingredient in a whitening strip is the product that does the whitening. Inactive ingredients may significantly help the process, but would have no whitening effect alone.
Active ingredient: Hydrogen peroxide (bleaching agent)
Inactive ingredients: PVP (adhesive), water, PEG-8 (thickener), acrylates copolymer (thickener), sodium saccharin (sweetener), disodium EDTA (stabiliser), poloxamer 407 (emulsifier), sodium hydroxide (makes the pH neutral).
Rembrandt is a US company dedicated to creating teeth whitening products. Less time between treatments means that results can be achieved in as little as a week. Safe and effective, their 1 Week Whitening Kit is a great choice for the price-conscious shopper.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are these strips wax or plastic?
The Rembrandt Whitestrips are made of a thin, flexible plastic that molds to your teeth.
Does this product have saccharin in?
Yes, these whitestrips have sodium saccharin as a sweetener. In dental products, artificial sweeteners are significantly better than natural sugars because natural sugars can cause tooth decay.
Do these work on dental work?
If you have significant dental work, it is always advisable to consult your dentist prior to starting any whitening treatment. It is important to note that while whitestrips usually are safe to use on dental work, they will only whiten natural teeth. This means that the color of veneers, caps and fillings will not be altered.
How often can I use this product?
A full treatment last 7 days. However, if you still wish to see further whitening, you can repeat the treatment after waiting a week. If sensitivity or gum irritation occur, stop the treatment and consult your dentist.
Do the whitestrips just cover visible teeth?
The Rembrandt Whitestrips are larger than other brands like Crest 3D Whitestrips. This means that they cover and whiten the front and back of most teeth.
Do I use 1 whitestrip for all my teeth or separate ones for top and bottom?
You should use one whitestrips for the top teeth and one whitestrip for the bottom teeth.
Can I use a whitening toothpaste alongside my whitestrips treatment?
Yes, it is safe to use a whitening toothpaste alongside your whitening treatment. Rembrandt offer a range of whitening toothpastes that can help achieve great results.
Can I use Rembrandt Whitestrips if I have gum disease?
Whitestrips are only suitable for use on healthy teeth and gums. If you have gum disease, or any other oral condition, consult your dentist before use.
Where should I store the whitestrips?
Store Rembrandt Whitestrips in a cool, dry place.
My gums and teeth have white spots after whitening – is this normal?
It is not uncommon for white spots to appear on the teeth and gums after using whitestrips. These are usually temporary and should disappear within a few hours of whitening. Avoid brushing these gum areas until the white spots disappear, as this could irritate the gum tissue.
- 1 Week Teeth Whitening Kit whitens teeth for professional-grade results
- Noticeably whitens front and back of teeth in 1 week of treatment
- Fast-acting formula provides 14 days of whitening in just 7 days
Last update on 2020-12-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API