Due to the growing number of teeth whitening products on the market, it can be difficult to know where to turn. However, Dr Song Teeth Whitening Kit might be the answer you’re looking for (view on Amazon).
Teeth whitening is associated with a boost in confidence and a youthful appearance. Motivations for teeth whitening include: reversing signs of discoloration, feeling younger, and looking your best. Furthermore, the American Dental Association lists teeth whitening as an effective method for brightening your smile. In fact, studies have shown a positive correlation between whiter teeth and positive appraisal for both men and women.
Most importantly, teeth whitening is not without its risks, so avoiding overuse is crucial. studies have confirmed the possible side effects of teeth whitening, including tooth sensitivity and irritation. Therefore, it is important to be well-informed when considering your choice of product.
In this Dr Song Teeth Whitening review, we have summarized the research on this product’s effectiveness.
A Brief Overview of Dr Song Teeth Whitening Kit
- Dr Song Teeth Whitening Kit contains 35% carbamide peroxide (ingredient that whitens teeth)
- Trays are moldable to teeth
- Not suitable for those with braces
- May cause mild sensitivity.
Dr Song Teeth Whitening Kit has a new and improved formula with 35% carbamide peroxide to minimize the risk of sensitivity. The kit also costs less than in-office whitening treatments, and is approved by the ADA.
5 things you need to know about Dr Song Teeth Whitening Kit
1. Does Dr Song Teeth Whitening Kit work?
In short, yes. Dr Song Teeth Whitening Kit works by using 35% carbamide peroxide, which acts as a bleaching agent. Carbamide peroxide seeps into the core of the tooth and ‘produces oxidizers as part of a chemical reaction’, which breaks down the color compounds inside the tooth. This also results in a size reduction, causing the tooth to absorb less and appear lighter.
Studies show that 35% carbamide peroxide can effectively whiten teeth within 7 days. To use Dr Song Teeth Whitening Kit, apply a thin layer of gel to the teeth, with the tray and LED light on top for 15 minutes. The kit also contains another product: remineralization gel, which strengthens teeth and reduces sensitivity (view details).
2. Is Dr Song Teeth Whitening Kit safe?
When used sparingly, Dr Song Teeth Whitening Kit is low-risk. A thin layer is recommended because adverse effects include tooth- and gum-sensitivity. Furthermore, studies have suggested the possible dangers of quick-fix teeth whitening, with a higher carbamide percentage associated with a rougher enamel surface, which can be an early sign of erosion leading to potential infection. However, the majority of wearers have reported minimal sensitivity despite speedy results. The kit contains remineralization gel which helps strengthen teeth and reduce sensitivity.
3. How soon can you expect results?
There is a noticeable difference within 1-2 weeks; however, results depend upon the proper use of the product. This includes using the kit as directed and also keeping the kit away from sunlight. For each whitening session, the manufacturer advises that you apply 0.5ml of gel to your teeth for 15 minutes.
Other factors can also affect results; these include consuming stain-inducing products such as coffee and tea. You should avoid these products during treatment as teeth will be more susceptible to staining.
For best results, always use the product as directed, and consult your dentist who can advise you on the best course of teeth whitening for you.
How to use Dr Song Teeth Whitening Kit
How to form trays
If you prefer to mold your trays, follow these directions:
- Place tray over upper teeth, using tongue for support. Suck the air from the tray, as this will help contour the guard to the inner surface of your teeth.
- Bring water to a boil and allow to sit in a cup for 1 minute. Immerse the tray in water for 5 seconds, ensuring the edges do not fold into each other. If this occurs, allow tray to cool and reshape.
- Remove the tray vertically from the water, using the tab. Quickly fit the tray over the teeth and repeat step 1. You can reform the tray multiple times.
- Finally, once satisfied, trim away tab and continue to treatment.
How to whiten teeth
- Brush and floss prior to whitening.
- Dispense .5ml of gel into a small bowl. Use the applicator brush to apply a thin layer to the front teeth only, avoiding the gums and back teeth.
- Insert the whitening trays over the teeth. Wipe any excess gel from the gums because this can cause irritation.
Optional: Place LED light over tray for the first 15 minutes of treatment.
- Wear for a minimum of 15 minutes and a maximum of 4 hours. If irritation occurs, wait 24 hours between treatments and use less gel. Repeat daily until you reach the desired shade.
Above all, use the product sparingly to guarantee long-term results and minimal adverse effects. Finally, remove any excess gel that remains on the teeth or gums.
Store kit in a cool, dark place rather than near sunlight.
LED light: Remove plastic safety disk before use (this is located in the battery compartment). This light is optional but advised for quicker results.
4. How long will results last?
Dr Song Teeth Whitening Kit can produce effects lasting up to a month. For long-term results, continue using monthly and maximize results by: refraining from drinking coffee or smoking, using a whitening toothpaste, maintaining oral hygiene, and visiting your dentist.
5. Is there something better?
While Dr Song Teeth Whitening Kit is effective for some, it might not be for everyone. For those less trustworthy of performing treatments on themselves, an in-office treatment might be more suited to you. In-office treatments can produce quicker results, and those looking for a short-term-fix might prefer this option. In contrast, those with more sensitive teeth might prefer a lower percentage of peroxide (or even natural whitening treatments).
- Removes 5 years of tough coffee, wine, and smoking related teeth stains for a whiter smile
- Use Crest Vivid White strips for visibly whiter teeth with full results in 10 days
- Use Crest Vivid White strips once a day for 30 minutes
For a less messy at-home whitening experience, you might wish to opt for whitening strips which are ready to go. Options include Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips and their Gentle Routine Whitestrips for sensitive teeth.
- Gently removes years of stains for a whiter smile
- Specially formulated for teeth sensitive to tooth whitening
- Advanced Seal Technology’s no slip grip stays put so you can talk and drink water while whitening teeth
What’s in the box?
The Dr Song Teeth Whitening Kit includes:
- 4 teeth whitening syringes.
- 2 remineralization gel syringes.
- Applicator brush.
- LED Blue Light Accelerator.
- Teeth tray.
- 35% Carbamide Peroxide (Extra Strength).
Dr Song Teeth Whitening Kit ingredients
Active ingredients: Carbamide Peroxide, glycerin, carbomer, potassium sorbate, disodium EDTA, polysorbate 20, potassium nitrate, fluoride.
Non-active ingredients: Water, alcohol, mentha piperita oil, Dicalcium Phosphate Dihydrate, Dicalcium Phosphate.
Active ingredients are ones which create or increase an (often chemical) effect. Carbamide Peroxide acts to bleach the tooth by breaking down into hydrogen peroxide (the active bleaching agent). Dicalcium phosphate also adheres to the enamel surface and contributes to teeth whitening.
35% Carbamide Peroxide is an effective concentration of peroxide for those seeking quick results. In contrast to its 44% version, it breaks down into a lower percentage of Hydrogen Peroxide, and studies have shown that Carbamide Peroxide works better to produce speedy whitening.
Trays are moldable to teeth, allowing more comfort and adaptability for longer periods of wear. Trays are also re-moldable and therefore easily adjusted with hot water immersion.
Those with braces and other dental work that may obstruct portions of the teeth are advised not to use this product. Dental obstructions may result in uneven whitening. It is also best to consult your dentist to see if the Dr Song Teeth Whitening Kit will be suitable for you.
Dr Song Teeth Whitening Kit is certainly an effective teeth-whitening method for those with minimal sensitivity and a lower budget. Results can be achieved within 1-2 weeks. The kit is an affordable option for those seeking fast results without the expense. It has the added selling point of cruelty-free ingredients for those looking for a consciously-made product. Because the kit is cost-effective and ready to use, it is even more ideal for those looking for a home-based treatment. While the kit provides all necessary elements for application, there are also gel refill syringes available online.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do the trays mold to your teeth?
Yes. The trays can be molded to the teeth by dipping them in hot water and fitting them to the teeth.
Do I use the light throughout the treatment?
The light is optional; however, you should use it during the first 15 minutes of treatment only.
How bad is sensitivity after using?
This depends on your individual level of sensitivity as some react more to peroxide than others; the remineralization gel should help to revitalize your enamel.
Can I use it if I have braces?
If you have braces, avoid using this product as it may result in uneven whitening.
Does it get rid of stains?
Yes. The product works well to remove light stains.
Can it remove stains on gums?
Yes. Although you shouldn’t apply gel to the gums directly, it can reduce the appearance of staining near the gum line.
Does it work for those with root canal treatment?
Yes. The product works for those with root canal treatment.
Can you use a different tray with this product?
Yes. Although the kit includes trays, wearers may use alternatives if preferred.
Is this product ADA-approved?
No. Very few whitening product are currently ADA Approved.
What is the best length of time to leave the trays in for?
The recommended minimum is 15 minutes, with a maximum of 4 hours advised.
Do you have to brush your teeth afterwards to see results?
It is advisable to brush and floss before using the product, so it is not necessary to brush afterwards.
Where do I store the product?
Keep the product in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
Is the light safe?
Yes. The light speeds up the whitening process by activating the peroxide in the gel. It does not cause adverse effects.
Are the trays reusable?
Yes. The trays are reusable.
What do I use the application brush for?
You use the application brush to guarantee an even layer of gel across the teeth and to cover hard-to-reach places.
- Buy directly from the factory! No more middle man markups! Just pure ingredients straight from the source,...
- The ultimate teeth whitening kit. Comes with everything you need for teeth whitening: 3 syringes of teeth...
Last update on 2021-05-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API