The Oral-B Pro 1000 toothbrush is one of the staple electric toothbrushes from leading oral hygiene brand, Oral-B. Clinical studies have shown that the Pro 1000 is 300% more effective at removing plaque from your teeth than your regular manual toothbrush (view on Amazon).
While many electric toothbrushes can offer a multitude of features, they often come at quite a significant price. However, with just one simple but thorough deep clean mode, the Pro 1000 manages to cover all of the basics effectively.
This Oral-B Pro 1000 review is here to help you sift through these questions and decide if this is the best toothbrush for you.
- Oral-B Pro 1000 Performance
- How does the Oral-B Pro 1000 work?
- What’s in the box?
- Key features of Oral-B Pro 1000
- Oral-B Pro 1000 pros
- Oral-B Pro 1000 cons
- 4 Key features unpacked
- How does Oral-B Pro 1000 compare?
- Who is the Oral-B Pro 1000 suitable for?
- Reliability and long term use
- Oral-B Pro 1000 warranty and customer support
- Frequently asked questions
- Size guide
Oral-B Pro 1000 Performance
- Removes 300% more plaque than standard manual toothbrushes
- 16 degree angle creates a more effective deep clean
- Oral-B is the #1 dentist used and recommended brand
How does the Oral-B Pro 1000 work?
The CrossAction brush head featured in the Oral-B Pro 1000 is specially designed for individual tooth cleaning. This is achieved by setting the bristles at 16 degree anges, which means that they can reach deeper between teeth and lift out more plaque along the gumline. Furthermore, the 3D action oscillates, rotates and pulsates in order to clean the teeth more effectively.
What’s in the box?
The standard Oral-B Pro 1000 includes:
- 1 Oral-B Professional Handle
- 1 CrossAction Brush Head
- 1 Charger
Oral-B Pro 1000 Options
Key features of Oral-B Pro 1000
|Feature||Oral-B Pro 1000|
|Battery life||7 days|
|Modes||One mode suitable for everyday use: daily clean|
Oral-B Pro 1000 pros
- Deep cleans teeth better than most other toothbrushes
- Protects your teeth as the pressure sensor stops the toothbrush from pulsating if you are brushing too hard
- Cheaper than many other electric toothbrushes
Oral-B Pro 1000 cons
- Has less modes than other electric toothbrushes
- Clinically proven superior 3D Cleaning Action oscillates, rotates and pulsates to break up and remove 300% more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush
- The pressure sensor stops the pulsation movement if you brush too hard and the in-handle timer helps you brush for a dentist-recommended 2 minutes
- 1 Mode, Daily Clean, rotates to break up and sweep away plaque
- Included in pack: 1 Oral-B Professional Handle, 1 CrossAction Brush head and 1 charger
- Compatible with the following replacement toothbrush heads: CrossAction, 3D White, Sensitive Clean, Precision Clean, FlossAction, Deep Sweep, Ortho and Dual Clean
4 Key features unpacked
1.) CrossAction Brush Head
The CrossAction Brush head is one of the stand out features of the Oral-B Pro 1000 toothbrush. The brush head is designed for deep cleaning, with bristles angled to 16 degrees to reach deeper between teeth. Additionally, the brush head is designed for 3D cleaning, and oscillates, rotates and pulsates in order to be as effective as possible.
While the CrossAction Brush head is included with the toothbrush, the Oral-B Pro 1000 is compatible with any of Oral-B’s specialist brush heads – see below.
2.) Battery life
The Pro 1000 has a battery life of 7 days or 14 uses. Therefore, you can use it twice a day for 2 minutes and recharge it only once a week.
3.) Pressure sensor
The Pro 1000 contains a pressure sensor which stops the pulsations if you are brushing too hard. This important feature helps to avoid damaging your teeth.
It is not unusual for electric toothbrushes to feature a 2 minute end-of-brush timer, but the Pro 1000 goes one better. In addition to notifying you when your 2 minutes have passed, it buzzes every 30 seconds so that you know when to move on to the next quadrant of your mouth.
Splitting your mouth up into quadrants is a useful way of making sure your teeth are evenly cleaned. These quadrants are:
- Bottom teeth: back right to center
- Bottom teeth: back left to center
- Upper teeth: back right to center
- Upper teeth: back left to center
How does Oral-B Pro 1000 compare?
The Pro 1000 sits at the cheaper end of Oral-B’s electric toothbrush range. This does mean that it lacks some of the fancy features seen on pricier brushes. Here’s how it measures up against some of Oral-B’s other best sellers.
Oral-B’s Vitality Floss Action and Pro 5000 both feature a 2 minute timer and a daily clean mode, just like the pro 1000. The Pro 5000, however, also boasts several other modes, including deep clean, whitening, sensitive and gum care.
|Feature||Oral-B Pro 1000||Oral-B Vitality Floss Action||Oral-B Pro 5000|
|Pressure sensor||Yes||Yes (LED)|
|Oscillations per minute||8800||7600||8800|
|Pulsations per minute||20000||40000|
Who is the Oral-B Pro 1000 suitable for?
While the Oral-B Pro 1000 toothbrush is without a doubt a solid option, it may not be the perfect choice for everyone. Generally speaking, it is most suitable for people who:
- Are looking for an effective electric toothbrush without spending a significant amount
- Want a toothbrush which deep cleans effectively
- Don’t want lots of different features on their toothbrush
However, if you’re worried about tooth sensitivity, the Oral-B Pro 5000 might be a better choice for you. It is more expensive but has additional features like the sensitive cleaning mode.
Reliability and long term use
Oral-B is the #1 dentist used and recommended brand, making it one of the most trusted companies within the world of oral hygiene. Furthermore, it is the first ADA-accepted electric toothbrush brand.
Due to the oscillations of the brush head, some customers report that vigorous brushing can lead to frequent replacements of the brush head. However, the most important thing for reliable results and prolonging the life of the Pro 1000 is correct usage. As is true for any electric toothbrush, using the Pro 1000 incorrectly may lead to damaging both the brush and your teeth.
How to use the Oral-B Pro 1000
- Apply a pea-sized amount of toothpaste onto the brush head.
- Spread the paste over your teeth. This will help you to avoid using up all of the toothpaste in one area of your mouth.
- Press go! Turn on the toothbrush and gently move around one quadrant of your mouth. When the timer buzzes move onto the next quadrant. When the final timer buzzes, turn the toothbrush off.
- Rinse your mouth and continue with your usual oral hygiene routine. Make sure you also rinse the brush head to keep it nice and clean.
Oral-B Pro 1000 warranty and customer support
If problems do arise, considering warranty and customer support options are important. The Oral-B Pro 1000 comes with a 2 year warranty, which includes replacement or repair. Assuming that your toothbrush will last you at least 2 years, this means that it will cost you just $0.07 per day.
As one of the leading oral hygiene brands, Oral-B’s customer support is quick and easy to use. This is because you have to option of live chat, email or phone call. Furthermore, they often also respond to reviews on their product pages.
The Oral-B Pro 1000 is one of the most affordable electric toothbrushes on the market. For this reason, it’s ideal for those looking for a no-nonsense brush which covers all of the basics effectively. On top of this, it’s appropriate and effective for everyday use – after all, it is 300% more effective at removing plaque than your average manual toothbrush! View details.
Frequently asked questions
What’s the importance of the pressure sensor?
It’s important to brush gently in order to effectively and safely clean your teeth. The pressure sensor stops the pulsations if you are brushing too hard. This helps to protect your gums.
What shape is the CrossAction brush head?
The brush head is round.
What exactly does the timer do?
The pro timer buzzes every 30 seconds to let you know how far through brushing you are. At 2 minutes, the final timer will buzz. Again, this is just an indication of how much time has passed – it does not automatically turn itself off.
What voltage does it support?
It comes with a charger compatible with 110v. 240v options are available for other countries.
How do I know when it’s fully charged?
When it’s charging, the indicator light flashes. When it is fully charged, the light stays on.
Is there a specific toothpaste I should use with this brush?
You can use any regular toothpaste with this brush!
Does it come with a cover?
No, it does not come with a cover. However, there is a toothbrush cover available which allows you to store the handle and two toothbrush heads.
Can two people use the same toothbrush?
Yes – the heads are removable. Just purchase an extra head, and be sure to change it between brushes! However, if more than one person uses the brush, you will need to charge it more often.
Size: 2.25 x 4.38 x 10 inches
Weight: 0.75 lb