The Waterpik Water Flosser for Kids is another device brought to you by the creators of the water flosser. Especially designed with children in mind, it is compact, simple to use, and it looks really fun!
The Water Flosser for Kids is a great way to start young children on the path to good oral hygiene. Water flossing is clinically proven to be more effective than string floss in reducing plaque, gingivitis, and gum disease. Pulsating jets of water remove debris from deep between teeth and below the gum line. This is something that cannot be achieved by brushing alone.
It is important to encourage your kids to floss daily because if they learn to care for their teeth from an early age, it will help them keep a bright, clean smile into adulthood!
Additionally, this is a must have flossing product if your child has braces. It’s so much easier to clean in between the wires and brackets with a water flosser than with traditional flossing.
Plus, many dentists recommend water flossing for anyone with braces as it effectively removes food particles, promoting a clean, healthy mouth.
So why this Waterpik model?
The Flosser for Kids is easy, effective and fun for kids to use. Recommended for children from the age of 6, it has a compact, simple design and a vibrant, lime green color. It’s form, function and fun all in one!
Waterpik have thoughtfully created the Water Flosser for Kids, adapting its award-winning technology to suit children as young as 6 years old. All of Waterpik’s products come with raving reviews and this one is no different. Customers give it an amazing 4 out of 5 stars (from 1200 reviews!) on Amazon.com.
Let’s dive in and examine the features and functionality of the device, specially designed for kiddos:
- Safety – Featuring kid-proof electrical connects, parents don’t have to worry about kids getting electrocuted while using a flosser that simultaneously requires both electricity and water to operate. The safety features of this device eliminates parental worry and enables kids to be completely independent when using this water flosser.
- Size – Since this model is specifically manufactured for kids, it is on the smaller side. This is a positive feature because it is not too large for kids to handle on their own, it takes up less counter space than larger Waterpik devices and it is much quieter when in use!
- Controls – With the turn of a knob on the front of the device, kids can easily control this water flosser, putting it in either the on or off position. Also, they’ll be able to effortlessly manage the water pressure of the device, which has 3 settings, with an easy-to-use knob. The Water Flosser for Kids also has a child-friendly pressure range with top pressure of 80psi. This compares to a top pressure of 100psi in water flossers intended for adult use. 80psi is enough pressure to do a thorough clean and gentle enough to take care of tiny mouths.
- 60 Second Water Reservoir – The smaller, easy-to-fill reservoir lets kids use the water flosser from start to finish, by themselves. Just fill from the tap and they are good to go! What’s also great is that the reservoir holds enough water for a full 60 seconds of use, the recommended duration for water flossing. Once flossing is complete, empty any remaining water from the reservoir and turn upside-down for hygienic storage. Pretty cool, right?
Bonus: Don’t forget to add your own flair to your Waterpik! The Water Flosser for Kids comes with 20 vibrant, removable cling labels, including baseballs, footballs, flowers and snowboarders, so kids can decorate the lime green reservoir again and again!
- Flosser Tips – The flosser tips included with the Water Flosser for Kids model can be easily inserted into the holder to get started flossing right away. The flosser tips are interchangeable and the following 2 tips come standard out-of-the-box:
- Classic Jet Tip (1x) – This is the standard water flossing tip with the hard-plastic end that comes with every Waterpik device. This is the perfect tip for everyday use.
- Orthodontic Tip (1x) – This has a tapered brush which helps to remove plaque around braces. It also sweeps away food particles caught between the wires and brackets.
- Travel-Friendly – This device is ready to go almost anywhere – from grandma’s house to summer camp to a 10-day, European vacation! Global voltage allows you to use it in any country across the globe.
- Cost & Warranty – The Water Flosser for Kids, manufactured by Waterpik, has an MSRP of $49.99 and is also available on Amazon.com for slightly cheaper. The Water Flosser for Kids also comes with a two-year warranty.
- Start from the lowest pressure setting when you use the Water Flosser for Kids for the first time. You can always increase the pressure after a few uses.
- Floss for 60 seconds, then brush your teeth and then rinse with mouthwash to get the best results.
- At the start, using the Water Flosser for Kids can be a little messy! Once the user gets the hang of it, the residual splashes should subside.
- Clinically proven to be 5x more effective than brushing alone for kids with braces.
- Clinically proven to improve gum health.
- Here’s a fun and quick, 60-second video on how to use the Water Flosser for Kids:
The Water Flosser for Kids is a perfect way to introduce your children to great a oral hygiene routine. The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends flossing at least one time per day – a simple goal to reach with this product. Your kids can easily spend 60-seconds a day on flossing to develop good oral hygiene practices. With its kid-proof and kid-friendly design, this device is ready to use out-of-the-box and makes flossing fun! As an added bonus, using the Water Flosser for Kids consistently will improve gum health and prevent plaque and gingivitis. Especially for those with braces.
With over 1,000 reviews on Amazon.com, the Waterpik Water Flosser for Kids scored 4 out of 5 stars, and is a great investment for the future of your kids’ oral health.